Company: RehabCare Group
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient
rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a
patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to
the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a
loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and
spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient
insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable,
monitoring of operational efficiencies, and month end close
- Reviews Ancillary Gross Charges, laboratory, radiology,
equipment rental, pharmacy, and supply charges daily.
- Maintains charge master for new charges.
- Reviews medical record, UDS record submission, and Meditech
billing statement for consistency and accuracy.
- Follows up with insurance plans on patient eligibility if
- Works with patients on self pay and payment plans as
- Works with patients and families in gathering information to
apply for Medical assistance and other financial benefit programs
- Supervises and verifies account postings for accuracy and
- Performs routine vendor inquiry function using Meditech
Accounts Payable software or SAP.
- Completes various journal entries and assists in month-end
- Assists with monitoring accuracy of charge capture procedure
for ancillary services as needed.
- Verifies accuracy of patient demographic information as well as
any necessary preauthorization numbers.
- Assists Controller with various expense analysis, charge
analysis, and cost report preparation as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient
information while performing charge review functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal
and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental inservices and completes annual
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working
relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department
operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Must be able to deal professionally with patients, physicians,
visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess a high degree of analytical ability and strategic
- Accounts Receivable/Collections experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Keywords: RehabCare Group, Greenwood , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!