Veterans Preferred - Engineering Project Manager
Company: American Water
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Diversity of
backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our
culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where
differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and
included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest
and most geographically diverse U.S.publicly traded water and
wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000
dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based
drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million
people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean,
affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help
make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit
amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter , Facebook and
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions
about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices,
all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, this position is
responsible for managing (through a team as appropriate) all
activities concerned with the delivery of several medium to small
capital investment projects from inception to completion, the size
and importance of which have a
significant impact to Company objectives related to Production,
Networks, and/or other water resource or operations systems.
**We are accepting applications from entry level to more Sr. level
Engineers for this role. Level (Engineer/Staff Engineer/Engineering
Project Manager) will be determined from years and relevance of
- Monitoring and managing budgets and schedules for several
medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of
moderate scope and complexity. (20%)
- Driving efficiency into project delivery through the monitoring
of delivery metrics (unit costs, target costs vs. actual, etc.) and
pursuit of more effective delivery and procurement approaches.
- Delivery of assigned Capital Projects in accordance with
policies and procedures set for in the Capital Investment
Management (CIM) system to meet asset needs. (15%)
- Asset Owner satisfaction in accordance with the scope of work
agreed upon for each project. Interacts with Operations personnel
to ensure project delivery program meets operations needs and is
coordinated with operations personnel on operational impacts
related to project delivery program. (20%)
- Interaction with Technical Services function regarding
standards and requirements. Ensures compliance with established
regulatory criteria, specifications and standards. (20%)
- Interacts with property group, technical services, and other
internal groups and external governmental agencies to coordinate
land acquisition, easements, rights of ways, permits, certificates,
and other project approvals for assigned projects and programs.
- General knowledge of Engineering, Project Management and
construction management practices related to planning, design,
construction and operations for water resource management
facilities, engineering and utility economics and contract
administration and construction technology.
- Working knowledge of regulatory developments, new technology
and current trends in water quality, water treatment, developer
services and other related water resource management
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of company procedures, policies and operations.
- Knowledge of employee relations, applicable safety and
environmental regulations, federal and state water quality and
design regulations and technical standards.
- Strong project management skills (e.g., planning, organizing,
directing, monitoring and reporting on project activities).
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues, governmental
agencies, consultants and the general public.
- Project planning skills. Good verbal and written communication
skills (e.g., presentation, listening, report writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact/diplomacy, persuasion,
cooperation and ability to motivate others)
- Computer literacy. Competent in the use of word processing,
spreadsheet, flow-charting, project scheduling.
- Financial analysis skill, including budget management and basic
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
- Certifications & Licenses preferred
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- 0 - 7 years experience in project delivery of major water
resources projects. Experience will determine level of position
- 20% Travel to support business requirements as necessary.
- 80% Office with occasional work in the field.
Key Accountabilities Continued
- Ensures that policies, procedures, programs, standards of
performance and approved objectives are adhered to and/or
- Pursues educational opportunities and professional development
to enhance performance and contributions to the organization.
- Competencies (from the Water Division Competency
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Analyzes and resolves business
issues through the application of critical reasoning skills and
general business experience.
- Drives Performance - Setting clear, challenging, collaborative
goals and expectations for people that are aligned with business
- Tracking and measuring progress, providing feedback and making
adjustments as necessary.
- Delivers Results - Delivers bottom line results through bold,
decisive actions, working through risks and uncertainty to create
- Continually raises standards and promotes entrepreneurial
- Influencing - The ability to articulate an objective or idea in
a compelling manner, so that others are persuaded to act on its
- Market/Customer Focus - Identifying, understanding and meeting
customer expectations both internally and externally.
- Sharing Knowledge & Expertise - Drives business performance by
developing and contributing specific technical or professional
knowledge, skills and experience. Demonstrates a professional
- Teamworking - Is committed to working collaboratively to
achieve business goals, building cohesiveness and identity with a
work group, and valuing individual perspectives and
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing-
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Greenwood , Veterans Preferred - Engineering Project Manager, Engineering , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!