Assistant Business Office Manager
Company: Greenwood Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Greenwood Healthcare Center - The position of Assistant Business
Office Manager is responsible for maintaining CHS business office
policies and assisting with A/R and Resident Funds. The position
must function as both a team member and leader to ensure that work
is accomplished and quality service is delivered, supporting team
members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. - While
focusing on delivering quality service, the position must also
manage the resources within their control and assist others in
managing resources. - Job duties & responsibilitiesASSIST IN ALL
A/R DUTIES AND TASKS NECESSARY FOR TIMELY AND ACCURATE
- Make Daily Deposits to facility bank account.
- Assist with Reviewing monthly statements for accuracy
- Provide assistance with maintaining up to date information with
Collection Blitz Log and Medicaid Pending Log - weekly
- Identify and assist with the preparation of adjustments, attach
supporting documentation - submit to Executive Director for
- Assist with Maintaining monthly A/R duties
- Post Ancillaries
- Post Daily Census Activity
- Post Daily Cash (if applicable)
- Maintain Accurate bed hold utilization log.
- Notify resident/responsible party at start and end of bed hold
of remaining days available in calendar year.
- Assist with completion of insurance forms as needed.
- Provide assistance with answering questions and provides
information to families and residents
- Provide assistance with outbound mailings, provide sufficient
postage as needed
- Orders office supplies for entire building and controls
available resources. COLLECTIONS:
- Notifies resident and/or responsible party of overdue accounts
- Discuss delinquent accounts with BOM/Executive Director.
- Assist Business Office Manager with collection efforts,
documentation of all collection efforts including: collection
calls, letters. - turning accounts over to collection agency as per
- Assist with obtaining signatures on checks as needed
- Maintain resident financial files
- Assist with process of 9401 for Medicaid residentsMAINTAIN
RESIDENT ACCOUNTS.RESIDENT FUNDS:
- Makes daily bank deposits to resident accounts
- Maintains personal allowance funds per center policy
- Balance resident fund petty cash box daily
- Post resident trust activity - daily
- Post interest to resident account's according to center's
- Review and Issue Resident Fund Quarterly Statements according
to center's policy
- Mails out personal allowance checks to responsible party (if
- Maintain Resident Fund Authorizations on all accounts managed
by facility, signed by resident/responsible party and witness for
each account as required by state regulations
- Notifies Resident or responsible party when account reaches
- Notify Business Office Manager if no response is received
within time allotted in letter.
- Maintain resident funds banking hours.ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN
SCHEDULED TRAINING, EDUCATION CLASSES, AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMS TO
MAINTAIN AND ENHANCE QUALITY OF CARE.
- Attend all required in-service and training programs required
within your department.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.PERFORM
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUESTED.
- Function as the Business Office Manager in their
absenceMAINTAIN AND WORK WITHIN ESTABLISHED DEPARTMENTAL, CENTER,
AND HOME OFFICE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, OBJECTIVES, QUALITY
IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM, AND SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFECTION
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or
misappropriation to the DON.Qualifications Knowledge/skills &
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in a healthcare
- Prior supervisory experience and management training.
- Prior experience preferably with related software applications.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of accounts
receivable/collections, resident funds, and management of
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into practices
- Basic computer literacy and skills - - - - - - - - - -Work
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Field based work required. - Occasional overnight travel will
be required as times with field based assignments. - -Physical
effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move (sit, stand, bend, lift) intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50
pounds.Mental effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility,
personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with staff and
- In good health and demonstrating emotional stability.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the
position.Communication (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
Keywords: Greenwood Healthcare Center, Greenwood , Assistant Business Office Manager, Executive , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!