Physical Therapist PRN
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a joint venture between
Community Health Network and Kindred Rehabcare Services. Community
Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation
hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient-focused,
specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and
recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due
to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury,
stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
JOB SUMMARY:The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and
accountability for a designated group of patients and provides
physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in
accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of
functioning while learning to live within the limits of their
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those
patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and Aides.
May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties
and responsibilitiesof the supervisor in the absence of that
- Assesses patients' needs; identifies and initiates appropriate
physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other
patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional
physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of
short- and long-termgoals. Recommends change to physician, if
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs
reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI
scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring
an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of
function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate
interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of physical therapy
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses phychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains
department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff,
and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to
function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in
patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents
goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the
patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement
in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for
certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating
department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate
action to remain within budget guidelines.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment
training, and organizational safety and fire safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state where
the hospital is located.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Greenwood , Physical Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!