Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Greenwood Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Greenwood Healthcare Center - The position of Certified Nurse
Aide exists to provide routine nursing and personal care for
residents to assure that the highest degree of quality resident
care is maintained at all times. - This position must work
effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished
and quality care is delivered, supporting their team members and
celebrating team successes. - While focusing on delivering quality
resident care, the position must also manage the resources that are
available to them in their job.Job duties & responsibilitiesPROVIDE
PERSONAL CARE FUNCTIONS TO RESIDENTS
- Participate in and receive resident reports at start/end of
- Provide personal/nursing care in accordance with resident care
- Facilitate and conduct activities.
- Monitor & respond to resident requests and needs in a dignified
and respectful manner.
- Maintain a clean and pleasant environment for residents.
- Assist in preparing residents for various activities within and
outside the center.
- Ensure that all resident care is provided in a dignified and
respectful manner.PERFORM BASIC NURSING CARE PROCEDURES FOR
RESIDENS AS REQUIRED. - - - - - - - - - Observe and respond to
resident medical conditions. - - - - - - - - - Obtain and report
resident vital signs. - - - - - - - - - Report all changes in the
resident's condition to the Charge Nurse/Team Leader as soon as
practical.CREATE A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR
RESIDENTS AND ASSURE THAT THEIR NEEDS ARE MET.
- Maintain physical environment in a clean, safe, and pleasant
- Promptly report any violations of established safety
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with
kindness, dignity and respect.
- Assist residents in adjusting to their new home
- Report any violations of resident dignity, neglect, or
abuse.ENSURE THAT RESDIENT'S FOOD SERVICE NEEDS ARE MET IN TIMELY
AND COMPASSIONATE MANNER.
- Ensure that meals are served on time and in accordance with
- Assist residents with before and after meal care.
- Assist in serving meals and restorative feeding programs as
- Record resident food/fluid intake and note any changes in
- May perform and track weight measurement and note any changes
in the resident's body weight.MAINTAIN RESIDENT DOCUMENTATION
RECORDS FOR ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING, RESTORATIVE PROGRAMS, AND
RESIDENT SPECIFIC FORMS.
- Record all resident information as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident
information.MAINTAIN AND WORK WITHIN ESTABLISHED DEPARTMENTAL,
CENTER, AND CORPORATE POLICIES AND PROCEDUERS, OBJECTIVES, QUALITY
IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM, AND SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFECTION
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or
misappropriation to the DON.ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN SCHEDULED
TRAINING, EDUCATIONAL CLASSES, AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMS TO MAINTAIN
CERTIFICATION AND ENHANCE QUALITY OF CARE.
- Attend 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.PERFORM
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUESTED.Qualifications
Knowledge/skills & Abilities
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or be
eligible to enter such a program and graduate and pass a state test
within 120 days from date of employment
- An understanding of resident care procedures and
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all
- Compassionate and enthusiastic personality.
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willingness to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident's condition
- - - - - - - - - - -Work environment
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Field based work required. - Occasional overnight travel will
be required as times with field based assignments. - -Physical
effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move (sit, stand, bend, lift) intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50
pounds.Mental effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility,
personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with staff and
- In good health and demonstrating emotional stability.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the
position.Communication (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.Sensory requirements (With or Without the
Aid of Mechanical Devices) - - - -
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.SERVING WITH H.E.A.R.T - - - - -
- - - - Honesty - - - - - - - - - Excellence - - - - - - - - -
Accountability - - - - - - - - - Respect - - - - - - - - -
TeamworkThe Employee PromiseIn CommuniCare, our Team members are
the heartbeat of the company and our most important asset. - We are
committed to investing in our teams; providing the necessary tools
and education to enable a consistent delivery of service
excellence. - We embrace open communication and honest feedback, to
foster an environment of growth and innovation. - By applying the
principles of genuine respect and empowerment, a culture of
inspired teams is created and the CommuniCare mission comes to
life. -BE TRUE BLUEBe committed to our Core Values and our True
Blue Standards of ExcellenceEmbrace open communication and honest
feedback.Treat my team members and customers as they would want to
be treatedRespect others in words and actions at all
times.Understand and honor our customers' choices.Encourage,
support, and assist my team members.Build customer satisfaction by
owning and resolving concerns.Leave a good impression by my
professional appearance.Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness
and create a safe, secure, and accident free environment. -Express
myself using CommuniCare's telephone etiquette standardsThis
position description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. - It is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees in the above position.
Keywords: Greenwood Healthcare Center, Greenwood , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!