Community Health Worker
Company: Help At Home
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Help at Home is the nation's leading provider of high quality care
and support solutions. Our goal is to enable the highest level of
personal independence and meaningful lives for our clients. Help at
Home is committed to delivering a gold standard in care through our
attentive and well-trained staff who support our
clients--comfortably and safely within their homes and
communities.Job Summary:Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the
HealthyMatch Community Health Worker will--primarily be working out
in the community with specific target populations primarily in
Johnson, Marion, and Shelby Counties in IN. CHWs will work closely
with HealthyMatch RNs and LSWs to improve patient care and
- Responsible for establishing rapport with clients and their
- Follow up with clients via phone calls and home visits
- Help clients set personal health related goals.
- Provide referrals for services to community agencies as
- Help clients connect with transportation resources and provide
appointment reminders when needed.
- Work collaboratively with other Help at Home personnel assigned
to the same client.
- Act as a client advocate and liaison between the caregiver,
family, and community service agencies.
- Document accordingly in the EMR and other software no later
than 24 hours after client contact.
- Attend regular staff meetings, trainings and other meetings, as
- Manage assigned caseload of clients.Preferred Skills and
- Experience working with at-risk, elder populations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader care
team as the situation requires.
- Experience working as part of a broader health care team and
leading by influence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Organized, flexible and ability to multitaskEducation and
- Community Health Worker Certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience directly related to the duties and
- Strong preference for experience with elder population in a
home health care, hospice/palliative or facility setting.What We're
- Attractive--base salary + mileage reimbursement
- Benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
- Paid time off
- Company laptop
Keywords: Help At Home, Greenwood , Community Health Worker, Healthcare , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!