Store Manager in Training
Company: Rural King Supply
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The primary role of the Store Manager in Training is to develop
knowledge and understanding of the day-to-day store operations,
customer service, and merchandising under the supervision and
direction of a Store Manager. This position requires strong
leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise
associates. Also included are establishing an interactive sales
approach, keen awareness of safety & loss prevention, maintenance
of store cleanliness and appearance, excellent customer service,
and a positive attitude. The average training period is 6 months
with the expectation that the Store Manager in Training is open to
relocation to another store for the promotion to Store Manager.
- Direct the operations of the assigned store.
- Direct all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise
displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Take a hands-on approach with directing daily goals for the
Assistant Store Managers.
- Be a positive and professional "role model" for the team.
- Lead our associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership
principles taught in Thrive and reinforces Thrive skills with
managers reporting to you.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and
- Develop the product knowledge and sales techniques of the
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical
- Become an expert with standard concepts and practices within
the retail environment.
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate handheld inventory device, forklift, pallet jack,
ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King's Harvest
Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and
co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with
- Required to relocate to another store for a Store Manager
position within 12 months.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment,
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make
decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50-hour workweek
(10-hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night,
and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal
Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning
system, and wireless handheld unit.
- Supervise and direct the assistant managers, department
managers, and store associates.
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring,
firing, promotions, and assignments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Keywords: Rural King Supply, Greenwood , Store Manager in Training, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!