Assistant Store Manager in Training
Company: Rural King
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Assistant Store Manager Trainee is being trained to become a
future Assistant Store Manager. Upon promotion, you must be willing
to relocate/commute to one of three area stores. The primary role
of the Assistant Store Manager is to collaborate with the Store
Manager in delivering excellent operations management. The ability
and willingness to continually develop product knowledge and gain a
greater understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer
service, and merchandising is essential. This position requires
strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure quality customer
service and staff supervision and training.
- Direct store personnel to build revenue and meet sales
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue
and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise
displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Be a positive and professional role model for the team.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and
- Share responsibility of the maintenance and upkeep of the
building and grounds.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical
- Become familiar with standard concepts and practices within the
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, handheld
inventory device, and other retail equipment.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural Kings Harvest
Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and
co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment,
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make
decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50-hour workweek
(10-hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night,
and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal
Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning
system, and wireless hand-held unit.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the supervision and direction for department managers
and store associates.Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
functionsID: 2022-9441 External Company Name: Rural King Supply
External Company URL: https://www.ruralking.com/ Street: 860 US
Highway 31 S
Keywords: Rural King, Greenwood , Assistant Store Manager in Training, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!