Company: Rural King Supply
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The primary role of the Assistant Store Manager is to collaborate
with the Store Manager in delivering excellent operations
management. The ability and willingness to continually develop
product knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the
day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising is
essential. This position requires strong leadership skills and the
ability to motivate and supervise associates.
- Lead associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership
principles taught in Rural King's Thrive Leadership Program.
- Make key decisions regarding associates under your leadership
in terms of hiring, discipline, coaching, performance management,
- Conduct performance reviews for associates who report to
- Engage in consistent and meaningful development conversations
- Provide recognition and appreciation for your associates.
- Set clear expectations for your associates and hold them
- Teach and coach behaviors to associates to create a high
performing team that consistently delivers a best-in-class customer
- Build confidence and create an optimistic, rewarding, and
collaborative work environment in which associates are encouraged
to develop and grow.
- Quickly respond to any negative customer shopping experience by
de-escalating the situation and ensuring your team understands and
feels supported to make things right for the customer.
- Present information to Store Manager to inform him/her about
your departments, associates, operational efficiencies, and
- Demonstrate the autonomy, independent judgment, and discretion
in leading the team to achieve or exceed the goals and strategies
of the store.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King's Harvest
Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, handheld
inventory device, and other retail equipment.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and
co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment,
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make
decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50-hour workweek
(10-hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night,
and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal
Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning
system, and wireless handheld unit). SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and direct the department managers and store
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring,
firing, promotions, and assignments.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Keywords: Rural King Supply, Greenwood , Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...