Supervisor, Operations-1st Shift
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain FedEx Supply Chain, a
subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio
that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of
innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a
consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement
innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By
leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network,
FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for
customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and
35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain
manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million
returns each year. For more information, go to
supplychain.fedex.com. We Have---.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world's most
admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! General
Summary---. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the safe
execution of daily operational plans and strategies, to manage,
lead and allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates,
ensure compliance with key processes while achieving safety,
quality, efficiency and financial KPI's. This position is
responsible for product safety, quality and legality This position
will be responsible for---..
- Supervises at least 2 full-time direct reports. Supervisory
responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending
hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards,
staff productivity and performance management to include
disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly production
activities within warehouse operations.
- Prepares and distributes various reports needed for normal day
to day operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the schedules are correctly
implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed
- Responsible for scheduling vacations and time off per policy
with the least amount of disruption to the department to meet
- Fully engaged with process on floor to actively lead and
- Communicates daily through operational start up meetings,
making sure all work instructions, daily workflow activities and
safety practices are being followed.
- Initiates positive methods of driving teammate excellence
through follow up, providing consistent and fair feedback on
performance. Takes action through coaching and counseling to
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct
weekly safety meetings during start of shift with teammates.
Maintain a safe working environment through participation of safety
training, JHA reviews, and weekly walk through. Maintain a clean,
neat, and orderly work environment which adheres to corporate 5's
- Supervise the operations of the team to achieve prescribed
objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team through
cross training, sound communication and positive motivational
- Facilitating seamless hand offs and communicating key
information to peers, teammates and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking required
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service in high
pressure situations to internal/external customers.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting
- Assist Operations Manager on special projects as required.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
Qualification: You might be a great fit if---. Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred; business, operations management,
supply chain management, industrial engineering or a related field
preferred or minimum of 2 years of experience in an
operations/warehouse/supply chain environment required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Labor Management experience preferred.
- Prioritization and problem solving skills essential.
- Experience with quality management methodologies.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental
understanding of change management.
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and
procedures. Physical/Cognitive Requirements With or without
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds. ADA -FedEx
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with
disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. Fed Ex
Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Greenwood , Supervisor, Operations-1st Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!