Server Assistant / Busser
Company: Huse Culinary
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Server Assistant / Busser Description:
Server Assistant / Busser Essential Job Functions
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words,
tone, and body language always.
- Learn guest names and personally recognize our regular
- Present food and beverage menus, make recommendations and
answer questions regarding menu items.
- Accurately and immediately record and ring in food and beverage
orders into Aloha.
- Receive and serve food and beverage orders to the guest
- Stay properly engaged in the guest dining experience. Ensure
guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly
and courteously to any requests.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed
amount of alcohol.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where
the server does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do
not hesitate to ask management intervention when
- Obey and follow all liquor laws and card anyone that looks
under the age of 40.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept and process
payment, and provide change if applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the server stations
including counters, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations
arise. Team Service oriented.
- Be ready and willing to assist server assistants with clearing
and resetting tables.
- Complete open and close duties.
Server Assistant / Busser Requirements:
Server Assistant / Busser Experience
- Minimum 1 year of Serving experience. (Fine dining
- Understand federal, state, and local liquor laws.
- Must obtain, maintain, and keep on hand a current ATC
- Must provide Serv Safe Liquor Certification.
- Must have completed alcohol service training.
- Must complete company training and pass exam with a minimum
score of 90%.
Server Assistant / Busser Work Environment/General Physical
Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and restaurant
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and
lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced
Server Assistant / Busser Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants'
requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some
- Must maintain regular attendance.
Server Assistant / Busser Uniform
- Clean black slip resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- Clean, pressed white button down, long sleeve shirt.
- White or flesh tone undergarments are worn under the
- Bow tie. (company provided)
- Dress jacket or apron. (company provided)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Huse Culinary, Inc. provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and
shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work
requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may
expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional
duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.
Keywords: Huse Culinary, Greenwood , Server Assistant / Busser, Hospitality & Tourism , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!