Company: Scioto Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Scioto Services LLC, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility
services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance
and specialty property services with operations serving customers
throughout the United States. Scioto Services is a building
services contractor known for its operational excellence and its
ability to provide great services to small businesses and large
multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Scioto Services
enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and
for helping business owners and property managers meet their
objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of
integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded
in 1975, Scioto has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing
customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective,
superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Site Manager is responsible for the overall quality assurance
and customer assurance of the building or buildings in their
assigned area. Plans, organizes and directs the work of employees
and Supervisors so as to achieve Marsden quality standards,
specified profit goals and successful customer relations and
• Establishes and maintains customer relations through regularly
scheduled customer visitations.
• Promotes a safe work environment at field accounts.
• Completes regularly required Quality Assurance Inspections of all
buildings in the area. Develops action plans based on the results
of the inspection.
• Ensures all payroll reporting is processed accurately and timely
and is distributed as required. Conducts daily audits of the
automated timekeeping system in order to monitor labor and achieve
profitability. Responds promptly to variances in labor.
• Manages employee/supervisor performance and conduct through the
progressive discipline policy. Consults with the Human Resources
Department as needed.
• Manages employee/supervisor job assignments to effectively
distribute available resources to clean and maintain buildings
within their assigned area.
• Utilizes available resources to train all new employees with a
focus on long-term retention.
• Supports, directs and trains Building Supervisors with a focus on
account and employee retention.
• Provides accurate and timely information to Human Resources or
Area Manager regarding current and future staffing needs.
• Provides recognition to field employees and site management.
• Generates proposals to customers for additional services as
necessary to achieve individual sales goal, as outlined by Regional
Manager or leadership.
• Provides daily/weekly updates to the Regional Manager or
• Works with the Area Manager or leadership on account
re-engineering projects and service reviews.
• Manages supply inventory at account and properly follows on-line
ordering procedures with outside vendor.
• Shares available resources with other Managers and provides
support for new business start-ups.
• As required, assists Human Resources with interviewing, hiring
• Conducts weekly Crew Communications Meetings.
• Cleans accounts when required due to staffing shortages.
• Performs any and all duties as assigned.
• Commits to behave in compliance with the company's values and
Code of Conduct
• Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's
own safe behavior
• Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with
positive intent and professionalism
• Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do
it - champions change when improvements can be made
• Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published
• Responsible for managing supply budgets in account.
• Responsible for managing labor budgets to meet targeted wage
• Supervises all cleaning staff, cleaning leads and building
supervisors in their assigned area.
• Some Management experience
• Good time management skills
• Strong employee focus
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of commercial floor care and floor care products.
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices.
Education and Experience Required
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1-3 years supervisory experience in a commercial cleaning or
Education and Experience Preferred
• Associate's Degree or some college coursework in business
management, facilities operations management, or similar area of
• 2-5 years management experience
• Experience in a management role with responsibility for a
• Prefer experience working with a diverse population
• Bilingual in two or more languages, with English being one of
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Valid Driver's License, vehicle and proof of automobile insurance
is not required.
Site Managers are regularly required to walk, stand, use their
hands and reach. In addition, they will occasionally be required to
sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Site Managers
are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Site Managers are generally salaried employees. Salary levels may
range significantly depending on responsibility levels.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours vary and typically occur outside of normal business hours.
Site Managers may typically work an early second shift
Site Managers are not required to travel often during the work day,
with almost no overnight travel. A personal vehicle is not required
to perform this job.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Marsden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or
veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or
any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Additional Information / Benefits
Scioto Services is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
Employer. Scioto does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed,
ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital,
or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with
regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under
federal, state or local law.
This job reports to the Danielle Eades
This is a Full-Time position 1st
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Keywords: Scioto Services, Greenwood , Site Manager, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!