Sourcing Specialist (1807-720)
Company: Wurth Adams
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Translate customer requirements into RFP and successfully
complete the source identification, and master data maintanence.
Support the conversion of sales opportunities competitively, and
profitably into sourced categories of products. Successfully
establish new business sourcing and transition the same to the
procurement team. Manage and expedite and meet project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand new business/sourcing opportunities in terms of
customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition
and any other area impacting quote content and strategy.
- Thoroughly inspect customer drawings, samples, and
specifications to accurately identify parts and prepare for RFQ in
collaboration with Commodity Management, Engineering and
- Provide technical interpretation of customer bid
specifications, including quality requirements.
- Develop relationships within the purchasing and sales
departments to materialize sales opportunities.
- Continually assess and build the quotation requirements for
customer specific RFQs.
- Generate the sales quotes within the established guidelines in
a timely manner and present them to Sales Management team.
- Ensure articles are accurately created in a timely
- Review and influence final proposal in the quote submission
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in purchasing or sourcing activities;
quality or engineering background.
- Basic technical knowledge of fasteners and related
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings,
specifications and quality standards.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with Suppliers,
Customers and Internal Teams.
- Exemplary research and analytical skills with a flair for
Costing and Pricing.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Proficient knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Products with
Exceptional Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal
Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an
individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin,
alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation
or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier
status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal
characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to legally protected
characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Wurth Adams, Greenwood , Sourcing Specialist (1807-720), Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!