Veterans Preferred - Capital Program Coordinator
Company: American Water
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Diversity of
backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our
culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where
differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and
included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest
and most geographically diverse U.S.publicly traded water and
wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000
dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based
drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million
people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean,
affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help
make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit
amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter , Facebook and
Reporting to the Senior Capital Program Administrator, responsible
for the implementation of governance, policy, procedures, and
reporting for the capital expenditure program for the state of
Indiana. Assist in the strategic enhancement of the Capital Program
Management (CPM) program to meet key business drivers.
- Complete status and budget information for key management
reports, including monthly reports, annual and quarterly forecasts
and other capital related business plan reporting. Monitor, track
and report on CPM related and Engineering functional KPIs.
- Take role in the preparation for monthly Capital Program
Management Committee (CPMC) meeting.
- Contribute to the formulation, control and monitoring of annual
capital budgets and strategic capital expenditure plans.
- Utilize project management protocols to facilitate strategic
guidance of the State's capital program (i.e., produce tables,
reports for Value of Work Completed vs. Value of Work Scheduled;
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and
providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open
and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and
information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues
across the business.
- Provide support to Engineering Director, Engineering Managers
and Engineering Project Managers as needed.
- Coordinate with Rates Director related to capital rate
- Computer literacy. Competent in the use of word processing,
spreadsheet, flow-charting and pivot tables. Ability to learn
- Business acumen and judgment.
- Financial analysis skills, including budget management and
- Financial and budget knowledge.
- Tracking and measuring progress, providing feedback and making
adjustments as necessary.
- Project management skills (e.g., planning, organizing,
coordination); ability to work independently on complex projects of
large scope; quantitative and analytical skills; attention to
- Verbal and written communications skills; interpersonal
- Bachelor's Deree (preferred).
- 5-10% within respective Operating Unit(s).
- Occasional travel outside of respective Operating Unit(s).
Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
Plans, Aligns, & Directs
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing-
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual
with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Greenwood , Veterans Preferred - Capital Program Coordinator, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!