Electrical Engineer III
Company: American Industrial Corporation
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Position: Electrical/Controls Engineer 3
Location: Greenwood, IN
At OTC Industrial Technologies, we believe that our employees are
our greatest strength. Through investment in our people and growth
from within, we believe in providing you with a wide variety of
opportunities to accelerate your career potential as you help us
drive change to move our business forward.
For over 60 years, employing and developing the best-in-class
talent has been at the forefront of our success. By coupling our
teams' hands-on experience with a wide range of products from top
vendors, we provide customers with the best quality products and
technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible
Job Summary: The Electrical/Controls Engineer 3 role is to provide
technical expertise in the design, troubleshooting and installation
of the customer equipment. The Senior Engineer will also be
responsible for the schedule layout, design of the electrical
drawing package, design of controls through software programming,
and component specification for the customer equipment. They will
also provide design review and training for the Associate and
Principal Job Duties:
- Manufacturing industry experience in the design of control
panels, electrical circuits, and integration of highly automated
machines and processes.
- Knowledge of drafting techniques / engineering terminology &
Ability to create detailed electrical schematics.
- Experience with Industrial Safety Application Equipment.
- 5-7 years Experience working with Programmable Logic
Controllers (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) based control
- Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi
- 5-7 years Experience developing & Integrating Robotic Systems
- Fanuc, ABB, Motoman
- Path Programming / Sequence Programming
- Robot / PLC Interlocks
- Broad knowledge of electrical & automation devices
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude a Plus
- Experience in the Finishing and/or Dispensing Industries a
- Well-developed problem solving, communication, and
interpersonal skills required
- Experience working in a high pace, dynamic environment with
- Attention to detail and excellent workmanship
- Design Skills and Abilities
- Provide customer with all CAD drawings needed for project
- Provide software programming, including PLC, HMI, etc.
- Specify all components (parts) needed for project
- Understand the customer specifications and governing electrical
codes and how to incorporate them into the design.
- Essential Functions
- Attend kickoff meetings to define scope and/or direction for
the project design and installation.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the PLC programming packages.
(A-B, Omron, Mitsubishi, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand and apply NEC, CSA, NFPA, and other codes
- Provide project oversight and management.
- Must be able to travel.
- Leadership of Others
- Must demonstrate ability to provide guidance and oversight
during project installation.
- Provide training and guidance for Associate, Controls
Engineers, Project Leaders.
- Participate in final design reviews for Associate and Controls
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach/instruct associates of
lesser knowledge/experience when needed.
- Adhere to quality and design standards from conception thru
completion, insuring a quality product or service.
- Performance Behavior
- Commitment: Makes a commitment to assist others in learning new
skills and processes. Encourages others to assume responsibilities
in the normal course of their daily work and provides assistance to
help others develop their own level of commitment.
- Judgment: Makes excellent decisions that result in improved
production and workflow.
- Perseverance: Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of
schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their
performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete
projects on schedule and does not give up on tasks until completed
in a quality manner.
- Professionalism: Encourages and reminds others to act in a
businesslike and professional manner. Constantly works towards
improving knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession.
Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating
honesty, integrity and maturity.
- Teamwork: Contributes knowledge and information to assist the
team. Works with other team members to promote a positive and
enthusiastic work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Specific Skills: Must be proficient with AutoCAD and multiple PLC
programming software, as well as, hardware design. Possess proven
project management skills.
Education: BSEE from four-year accredited school. (Will consider
two-year degree by candidate and experience of 10-15 years or more
working in related field)
- Minimum 7-10 yrs experience in electrical engineering /
- Experience in the Finishing and/or Dispensing Industries a
Traits: Must be highly organized having strong attention to
details. Individual enjoys performing administrative and
developmental work, as well having good interpersonal skills to
work effectively with customers, vendors, and team members.
Authority and Responsibility: As with any associate, it is
imperative that this associate knows and implements proper
standards and conducts of safety. This and all associates have the
authority and the responsibility to stop any action that is deemed
to be unsafe, and it is this associates' responsibility to report
any unsafe actions that other associates may have engaged in.
Quality is second only to safety and should constantly be
Working with OTC Industrial Technologies is perfect for purpose
driven individuals who are motivated to be part of an exciting
transformational company .
Perks of Working with OTC Industrial Technologies:
As part of the OTC family, you'll enjoy competitive compensation
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan - Additionally,
we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage,
life insurance, tuition assistance, and Employee Assistance
Program. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for
professional and personal growth and recognition. Associated
topics: architecture, asic, catia, design, engineer ii, engineer
iv, rf, schema, semiconductor, vlsi
Keywords: American Industrial Corporation, Greenwood , Electrical Engineer III, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!