Commercial Loan Officer
Company: Citizens Bank
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary of Job Responsibilities:Under general
supervision, but in accordance with established policies and
procedures, makes and services a variety of commercial loans.
Accountable for complying with all Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money
Laundering regulations, bank policies and procedures.Essential Job
- Expected to spend approximately 55% to 60% of their time
developing market by conducting business development calls to
existing and potential customers. Works to meet established
- Interviews applicants for commercial loans, approves and/or
declines loan requests, processes and documents new loans.
- Works with the credit analyst to analyze data; underwrites the
credit; and develops a credit request to be presented to the proper
loan authority and/or committee.
- Establishes and negotiates, when necessary, the terms under
which credit will be extended; including the costs, repayment
method and schedule, and collateral requirements.
- Ensures the protection of the Bank's interests in matters of
adequate documentation, adherence to Bank policy, and the various
laws and regulations applicable to loan operations, as well as the
exercise of sound credit decisions. This includes, but is not
limited to, monitoring daily delinquency, daily non-sufficient fund
activity, and maintaining overall portfolio delinquency and charge
off levels consistent with established goals.
- Responsible for the on-going management of a sizeable loan
portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, collection of all
required annual and periodic financial reporting, timely completion
of annual reviews as required by policy, collateral inspections
and/or valuations, responsible use of lines of credit, and renewing
maturing loans in a timely fashion with minimal requests for
short-term maturity extensions.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from customers; explains loan
procedures and provides technical assistance; answers questions
concerning loan rates, terms and related matters
- May assist in servicing commercial loans by processing items,
such as: payoffs, refinances, and problem loan work-out
- Handles follow-up and collections of delinquent loans.
- Represents the Bank at community events.Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the benefits and features of the product lines
of the Bank and to be able to relate them to potential customers
during business development calls.
- Knowledgeable in commercial real estate, commercial and
industrial lending and cash management services.
- A proven history of successful business development and
- The ability to understand a variety of financial statements and
tax returns to determine a potential or existing borrowers
financial position and cash flow.
- The ability to speak read and write professionally and to use
and understand financial spreadsheets and common commercial
- The ability to proficiently operate a computer and use excel,
word and other bank software.
- Knowledge of government sponsored lending programs offered by
the bank, such as 504 and 7A programs. Minimum Level of Performance
and Training Normally Required:
- College Degree (BA or BS) is preferred.
- Completion of IBA Commercial Lending School is preferred.
- Five years commercial lending experienceWorking
Conditions:Generally good. Some exposure to adverse conditions when
making business development calls.
Keywords: Citizens Bank, Greenwood , Commercial Loan Officer, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!