Qualified Med Aide Assisted Living
Company: Demaree Crossing
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Crossings Senior Living : A Cappella Living Solutions Managed
CommunityFull-Time and Part-Time Positions AvailableThank you for
your interest in employment with Crossings Senior Living. We seek
applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated,
hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. -We provide the
best experience possible for those our residents rely on most - our
team members. We know the strength of each community is directly
related to the strength of each Crossings team member. That's why
we focus on selecting employees with great character and a passion
for maintaining the dignity and well-being of our residents.We work
to build a foundation for our team members to be successful both
professionally and personally. We have a unique opportunity on a
daily basis to prove our unique care to both ourselves and our
residents. -Our innovative philosophy extends to each community.
Some of the best and most successful ideas were born in the
communities themselves and implemented company-wide by the team
members who came up with them. -Position SummaryResponsible for
meeting the daily personal care needs of the residents in a manner
that aligns with the Crossing's mission and values. Anticipates,
identifies and reports care needs. Supervises medications for
residents using established procedures under the supervision of a
licensed nurse. Reviews medication administration records
(MAR/EMAR) and administers medications to right resident, right
dose, right time, right medication, and right route.Essential
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely
manner and provides assistance with ADLs as requested by residents
or directed by supervisor.
- Provides personal care services to residents such as assistance
with bathing, dressing, attendance at meals, laundry, etc. with
attention to individual resident needs (i.e., hair is combed, shoes
are tied, oral hygiene, etc.)
- Anticipates and identifies any resident care needs and reports
to supervisor (i.e., hygiene needs, broken eye glasses, skin rash,
lost hearing aids, supply needs, etc.).
- Responds to the needs of family members as appropriate
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and/or peers to
promote awareness of resident issues.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports suspicion of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of
resources as required by regulation.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to
- Monitors and documents resident's condition as directed.
- Assists residents with prescribed daily medication routine as
appropriate and in accordance with state law.
- Alerts RN/LPN and/or supervisor of any questions or concerns
with medication records/supply.
- Ensures that proper documentation occurs timely including any
refusal of medication and/or treatment.
- Restocks medication carts, drawers and/or storage areas with
miscellaneous supplies only (i.e. gloves, sanitizer cups,
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings
addressing resident and departmental needs Basic Qualifications &
- Medication certification (QMAP) if applicable per state
- One (1) year experience in some level of elder care
- Proficient computer skills preferred
- Strong self-management and organization skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle
competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues
and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service -Benefit & Perks:
- Benefits eligibility starting -1st of the month -following hire
date for *Full Time Employees*
- Robust benefit plan offerings including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Accident and Critical Illness, HSA, FSA, etc.
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance and Employee Assistance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Daily employee meal provided
- Employee referral bonus program
Keywords: Demaree Crossing, Greenwood , Qualified Med Aide Assisted Living, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!