Dietary Aide PRN
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient
rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a
patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to
the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a
loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and
spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Nutrition Services,
the Dietary Aide performs a variety of patient food service and
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares and delivers items as requested by patient care units
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized
- Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Delivers food carts to patient care units. Returns carts to
kitchen at designated times.
- Takes charge of dishwashing duties by using safety policies in
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans,
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Cleans countertops, tabletops, and steam wells.
- Uses cash register to ring up appropriate items for purchase
and follows appropriate cash handling procedures.
- Sets up sanitizer buckets at the beginning of each shift and
ensures that proper sanitizing procedures are being followed.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal
and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and departmental inservices.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Activitely participates in the department's continous quality
improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Assists in preparing salads, desserts and
- Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by the Dining
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
Additional languages preferred.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Greenwood , Dietary Aide PRN, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!