Certified Medication Aide
Company: Greenwood Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Greenwood Healthcare Center - The position of Certified
Medication Technician exists to provide routine medication
administration and personal care for residents to assure that the
highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring
that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting
their team members and celebrating team successes. - While focusing
on delivering quality resident care, the position must also manage
the resources that are available to them in their job.Job duties &
responsibilitiesPERFORM CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIAN CARE
PROCEDURES FOR RESIDENTS AS REQUIRED UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE
- Set up and administer medication in accordance with physician's
orders and state/federal regulations.
- Display knowledge of side effects, interactions and nursing
implications if common medications.
- Account for controlled drugs each shift and report any
- Charting -routine medications, medication omissions,
documentation of PRN medication given with follow up and any other
- Maintain inventory of medications.
- Rounds with nurse and physician.
- Prepare monthly medication records.PROVIDE PERSONAL CARE AND
TREATMENT FUNCTION FOR RESIDENTS.
- Participate in and receive resident reports at start/end of
- Provide personal/nursing care in accordance with resident care
- Monitor & respond to resident requests and needs in a dignified
and respectful manner.
- Maintain a clean and pleasant environment for residents.
- Assist in preparing residents for various activities within and
outside the center.
- Ensure that all resident care is provided in a dignified and
- Perform dressing changes.
- Perform application of topical ointments.
- Administer enemas and vaginal irrigation.
- Administer nutritional supplements.
- May assist in resident feeding.PERFORM BASIC NURSING CARE
FUNCTIONS AS REQUIRED.
- Observe and respond to resident medical conditions.
- Obtain and report resident vital signs.
- Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Charge
Nurse/Team Leader as soon as practical.CREATE A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE
AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR RESIDENTS AND ENSURE THAT THEIR NEEDS ARE
- Maintain physical environment in a clean, safe, and pleasant
- Promptly report any violations of established safety
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with
kindness, dignity and respect.
- Assist residents in adjusting to their new home
- Report any violations of resident dignity, neglect, or
abuse.MAINTAIN RESIDENT DOCUMENTATION RECORDS FOR ACTITIVITIES OF
DAILY LIVING, RESTORATIVE PROGRAMS AND RESIDENT SPECIFIC FORMS.
- Record all resident information as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident information.ATTEND
AND PARTICIPATE IN SCHEDULED TRAINING, EDUCATIONAL, CLASSES AND
ORIENTATION PROGRAMS TO MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION AND ENHANCE THE
QUALITY OF CARE.
- Attend 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.PERFORM
OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS REQUIRED OR ASSIGNED.MAINTAIN AND WORK
WITHIN ESTABLISHED DEPARTMENTAL, CENTER AND CORPORATE POLICIES AND
PROCEDURES, OBJECTIVES, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND SAFETY PROGRAMS,
AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFECTION CONTROL STANDARDS.
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or
misappropriation to the DON.Qualifications Knowledge/skills &
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or be
eligible to enter such a program and graduate and pass a state test
within 120 days from date of employment.
- An understanding of medication administration procedures and
successful completion of a state approved training course.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- An understanding of resident care procedures and standards. - -
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all staff. -
- - - - - - - - -
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to seek new methods and principles and
be willingness to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- - - - - - - - -
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident's
condition. - - - -Work environment
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Field based work required. - Occasional overnight travel will
be required as times with field based assignments. - -Physical
effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move (sit, stand, bend, lift) intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50
pounds.Mental effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility,
personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with staff and
- In good health and demonstrating emotional stability.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the
position.Communication (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.Sensory requirements (With or Without the
Aid of Mechanical Devices) - - - -
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
Keywords: Greenwood Healthcare Center, Greenwood , Certified Medication Aide, Other , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!