Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Company: Avalign Technologies
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Avalign produces innovative, high-performance, and
cost-effective medical devices with a particular focus on high
growth and ingenuity. Our team is growing quickly and proud of the
fact that our custom-made devices continue to make a huge
difference in the lives of medical professionals and their
patients. Our employees are actively involved in the design,
engineering and manufacture of technologically advanced medical
devices that ensure that we meet our customer's quality
specifications for each product we produce.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Greenwood,
IN facility on a3rd shift schedule. Repairs and maintains
mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and
equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material
handling system, and automated lubrication system by performing the
following duties. If you are interested, please apply on our career
page or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You'll Do:
- Performs weekly and monthly preventative maintenance (PM's) on
machinery; visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment
to locate causes of malfunctions; dismantles machines and equipment
to gain access to problem area; inspects and measures parts to
detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism
or hydraulic system; realigns and adjusts components such as
spindles and clutches; repairs broken parts.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic lines, hoses, or pipes on
machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following
repair; sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe,
drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts; modifies computer
controlled motion of robot.
- Assists Mechanical Engineer to modify sketches or computer
generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system
and drive mechanism.
- Troubleshoot and repair three-phase electrical equipment.
- Reads and interprets Fanuc PLC ladder logic; electrical,
mechanical equipment schematics; and equipment manual.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
What You Won't Do:
- Feel stuck - we offer great opportunities to advance and
- Get bored - we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number - we're a close-knit bunch and always have
each other's backs
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge
in manufacturing processes
- A reliable worker who knows the importance of showing up when
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
What You'll Need:
Position requires one-year certificate from college or technical
school; or three to six months
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
What You'll Enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and 10 observed paid holidays per year
- Employer funded Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer funded STD and LTD insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Great 401(k) with company match
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values
promoting from within and career advancement
- Temperature controlled environment
- Community involvement investing and giving back to the
- Additional free resources such as travel assistance, EAP,
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background, drug testing, highest
level of education completion verification, and reference
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an employer
that participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Avalign Technologies, Greenwood , Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift, Professions , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!