Company: Greenwood Healthcare Center
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Greenwood Healthcare Center - The Maintenance Technician
position exists to provide routine technical support in the
environmental service of residents, to assure that the highest
degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. - This
position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that
work is accomplished in a timely, effective, well organized, and
safe manner, while focusing on delivering quality resident care. -
The position must also manage the resources that are available to
them in their job.Job duties & responsibilities
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on all center
- Make preventive maintenance rounds.
- Log and date all equipment checks and tests.
- Log and date all preventive repair and routine replacement
(e.g. filter changes, part dilapidation).
- Perform all routine, damage and cosmetic repairs.
- Make all necessary electrical repairs (e.g. ballast, bulb and
- Troubleshoot electrical problems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC.
- Make all necessary plumbing repairs.
- May be required to perform all necessary cosmetic repairs (e.g.
drywall installation, painting and carpeting).
- Perform all required outdoor maintenance and cosmetic repair.
- Ensure all public pathways and resident activity areas are safe
and regularly maintained (e.g. snow and leaf - removal).
- May be required to perform landscaping functions (e.g. cutting
grass and planting vegetation).
- Perform all other general and/or specific maintenance required.
- Assess inventory need.
- Maintain all maintenance tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, education
classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality
- Attend all required in-service and training programs required
within your department.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
program, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or
misappropriation to the DON.Qualifications & Experience
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- HVAC certification required.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - - - -
- - - - - - -
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Understanding of resident rights and care procedures and
standards, within the scope of environmental service.
- Knowledge of reclaiming, recycling and handling refrigerants. -
- - - - - - - - -
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Basic understanding and ability to repair plumbing - braying
and soldering copper. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Prior experience with plumbing is desirable.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible in new methods and
principles, as well as willingness to incorporate them into
existing environmental service practices.Work environment
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Field based work required. - Occasional overnight travel will
be required as times with field based assignments. - -Physical
effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move (sit, stand, bend, lift) intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50
pounds.Mental effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility,
personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with staff and
- In good health and demonstrating emotional stability.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the
position.Communication (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.Sensory requirements (With or Without the
Aid of Mechanical Devices) - - - -
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
Keywords: Greenwood Healthcare Center, Greenwood , Maintenance Assistant, Professions , Greenwood, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...